Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Super Size My FX

FX has some of my favorite shows on television:

30 Days   Season 2 premieres Wednesday, July 26 at 10PM
Good show from Morgan Spurlock (Super Size Me). Last season he only did the first and last episodes. I'd like to see him do more, but I guess he has a life.

The Shield   Season 6 begins early 2007
Actually I'm not as crazy about this one as some people are, but I still recognize it as a cut above.

Over There
Ah, crap, this was cancelled due to low ratings. I'm holding all of you responsible.

Rescue Me   Tuesdays 10PM
Now in season 3, it's not as good as it's ever been, but it's still entertaining. Tommy Gavin is my hero.

Sprinkle in some guy movies and syndicated re-runs, and I probably watch FX as much as any other channel. So, can we take up a collection or something and buy them an HD feed? Isn't FX owned by Rupert Murdoch the multi-billionaire? WTF? Maybe this isn't even up to FX but just Comcast being Comcastic. I want to know.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I completely agree - FX has some of the best shows on TV/Cable. Besides the great programming, I LOVE the fact they do a continuous of a show with no repeats (which is why network TV drives me nuts).

Have u watched Alwasys Sunny in Philly? Just a whacked comedy in a nice mix of dramas. And lets be honest, is Devito never NOT funny?

Patterson said...

Rescue Me is one of the best shows on television, and Dennis Leary deserves an Emmy this year. I think the show has gotten better, with fewer "ghost moments" for Tommy.

The episode where he beats his brother in the street is one of the most horrifying scenes I've ever watched. I thought it was worse than that Sopranos episode where they cut off Joe Pants' head & put it in a bowling ball bag.