Thursday, August 31, 2006

Shut up already!

God I hate election years. Here's a list of the top 5 most annoyingly repetitive commercials on TV in MA right now:

5. Deb Goldberg: She fought for our homes

4. Tom Reilly: I'll do the opposite of whatever the Republicans do

3. Deval Patrick: My mom was poor and now I'm rich

2. Kerry Healey: I promise I won't change anything

1. HEAD ON: Apply directly to the forehead

I know that last one has nothing to do with politics, but that's just the exception that proves the rule. These four campaign ads are almost as annoying as what just might be the most annoying commercial of all time. Seriously, is that HEAD ON commercial designed to cause headaches?

On a side note, Tom Reilly's been spamming my inbox too, so I'm twice as unlikely to vote for him. I guess I just want my leaders to leave me the f--- alone.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You forgot the one with Gabrielli (I think?) where he has his kids quiz him on topics. Looks as is it was shot on a $100 a day budget.

Maybe we are supposed to feel bad he has ugly kids and then vote for him.

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh..the independent voter. How we wish we knew how to appease ye.

I like Deval's commercials, but I agree the rags to riches story wears thin after a while. Really, who cares?

Tom Reilly's ads are odd if only because he seems to assume he'll be the Democratic nominee this fall, while he's currently 3rd in the polls.

Healey's are the most disingenuous. She actually proposes cutting taxes and not cutting ANY programs. But her ads say she'll be the fiscally responsible candidate while the Dems raise taxes to pay for the same pork barrell projects she's vowed not to cut. And, by the way, two of the three Democratic candidates want to lower the income tax by 0.3%, while Patrick wants to slash real estate taxes instead to aid people with fixed incomes (i.e., the elderly).

Patterson said...

Ed. Then why doesn't he just film a commercial and SAY that? His commercials are about nothing! I like Gabrielli's commercials; at least he appears to be serious about his ideas. I'm still on board with Deval, however.

Anonymous said...

He appears serious about his ideas because he's spent a serious, record-shatteringt $7 million on TV ads alone - BEFORE the primary. He's about as good for local politics as the Yankees are for baseball.

Meanwhile, Deval's still trying to get people to understand that: a. Patrick is his last name, and b. He's black, and that's ok. But more to come. his latest ad is his best.

Patterson said...

Just saw DP's latest ad this morning - you're right, it's great. Love it.