Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Music to my ears

After Talks Fail, Writers' Strike Could Drag On
"There's a huge transition in our business," Steven Bochco, creator of the TV hits "L.A. Law" and "NYPD Blue," said in a recent interview. "This may hasten the demise of the model that we've all worked under."
I would love to see this strike turn network television on its head. I've said it before and I'll say it again. With a few notable exceptions, unions are evil. If you aren't happy with your contract, go work somewhere else. If you can't get more money somewhere else, guess what? You don't deserve more money. Who needs television writers anyway? If it weren't for sports in HD, I would totally drop cable. Just give me the Internet and a good book.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just read an article on this and can't remember where - basically it said the writers are screwed b/c the producers, etc, have the money to weather out the strike, while the writers don't. I agree with you - write some good TV programs and I might feel more emotionally involved. But cable provides hundreds of shows. Heck, I watched a show on the Sahara last week and was entranced! Ok, I had a few beers in me, but nevertheless, I watched it.

And I completely agree with you on unions - worst thing ever.

Oh poor writers - boo hoo. I guess I'll just power up the old playstation and occupy my time.