Round 1 Results Congratulations! Patterson wins Round 1 handily. Stay tuned for Round 2 where the scores can really change!* Quote Character Movie Winner imtheasshole.mp3 Trent Swingers Oge wolf.mp3 Jules Pulp Fiction Patterson funny.mp3 Tommy DeVito Goodfellas Patterson nipples.mp3 Jack Byrnes Meet the Parents Patterson ugly.mp3 "Dutch" Predator Bomber brokemyheart.mp3 Michael Corleone Godfather II Patterson jobu.mp3 Pedro Cerrano Major League Oge destroy.mp3 Darth Vader Empire Strikes Back Patterson * Not really
I've seen all the movies in each category unless otherwise noted. Supporting Actor: GEORGE CLOONEY in "Syriana," Matt Dillon in "Crash," Paul Giamatti in "Cinderella Man," Jake Gyllenhaal in "Brokeback Mountain," William Hurt in "A History of Violence" I would have given this award to Jake Gyllenhaal, if only because I feel bad for him after Jimmy Kimmel noted, "Neither Heath Ledger nor Jake Gyllenhaal won their awards, so apparently they made out for no reason at all." In all seriousness I thought he did a good job and deserved the win over Clooney. Looking over the other nominees I think this may have been the strongest field. Supporting Actress: RACHEL WEISZ in "The Constant Gardener," Amy Adams in "Junebug," Catherine Keener in "Capote," Frances McDormand in "North Country," Michelle Williams in "Brokeback Mountain" I didn't see Gardener or Junebug. In fact I'...
'Scrubs' stays an inventive operation Among the countless perversities and mysteries of TV, the slighting of ''Scrubs" has been notable. Why hasn't this sly sitcom been an Emmy magnet during its four seasons? How come viewers haven't made it a Nielsen hit, or at least a cult sensation that gets fetish pieces in Entertainment Weekly? Why does NBC shuffle it around the schedule every year like a dung-puck , withholding season five until a gap happened to open up in the Tuesday lineup? I love this show, and I wonder why nobody else watches it (at least not enough Nielsen viewers). When I heard NBC promote it's new Thursday lineup, touting My Name is Earl and The Office as TV's most inventive comedies, I had to wonder. Both of those shows are funny, I agree, and Earl is pretty original. But The Office is a remake of a British sitcom! The pilot episode, at least, used the same script word-for-word. How does that qualify as inventive? Anyway I dig...
Comments